M&T Bank is offering a bonus of up to $600 bonus when you open a business checking account and a Merchant Services account.
- Maximum bonus amount: Up to $300
- Availability: CT, DE, D.C., MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
- Apply Online: No, in Branch only.
- Direct deposit required: No
- Additional requirements: Average daily balance of $5,000 on the 90th day after account opening
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Not allowed
- Monthly fees: $20, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $50 if account is closed in six months
How To Earn The $300 Bonus
Get $300 when you open your M&T Tailored Business Checking account and meet the requirements.
To receive the $300 business checking bonus:
- Request a coupon online and bring it to your local branch.
- Open a new Tailored Business Checking account and complete the following requirements:
- Have an average ledger balance of at least $5,000 on your 90th day after account opening
There is a $20 monthly maintenance fee for the checking account. There are four ways to waive the monthly fee:
- Maintain a $10,000 monthly average ledger balance
- Maintain $25,000 average ledger balance between checking & savings
- Make $2,000 in purchases on a linked M&T business credit card
- M&T bank merchant services account proceeds deposited
M&T checking accounts are subject to transaction and service fees, including insufficient funds (NSF) fees, even in the event that a monthly maintenance charge is waived.
Early Account Termination Fee
A $50 Account Closure Fee applies if the account is closed within the time period referenced in the Commercial Deposit Account.
- We will credit one $300 bonus (“Checking Bonus”) to your new M&T Tailored Business Checking Account opened between 4/15/2021 and 6/30/2021 if the Average Ledger Balance in the Account is at least $5,000 for the third full calendar month after the Account was opened.
- If the requirements are met and the Account remains open, the Checking Bonus will be credited to the Account within 45 days after the end of the third full calendar month after the Account was opened.
- The Checking Bonus is reportable for tax purposes and is not available to employees of M&T Bank or any of its affiliates.
- The Checking Bonus is not available to customers who have had a non-personal M&T checking account within the previous 90 days of opening an M&T Tailored Business Checking account.
- Only one Checking Bonus will be awarded per customer regardless of the number of new M&T Tailored Business Checking accounts opened.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
How To Earn The $300 Merchant Service Account Bonus
Earn a $300 bonus when you open an M&T Merchant Services account
The Bonus offer is available for merchants who fulfill the following conditions during the Offer Period of 4/15/2021 to 6/30/2021:
The Bonus offer is available for merchants who do not currently have an M&T Bank Merchant Services® account and fulfill the following conditions during the Offer Period of 4/15/21 to 6/30/21:
(1) open a new M&T Bank Merchant Services account;
(2) currently has or open an M&T Business Checking account to accept merchant deposits;
(3) merchant must be active and process $20 in merchant transactions within a calendar month no later than 9/30/21 to receive the one-time $200 bonus (“The Bonus”); and
(4) merchant must be active and process at least $4,000 in merchant transactions within a calendar month no later than 9/30/21 in order to receive the additional $100 bonus (“The Incremental Bonus”).
If the conditions are met, the bonus(es) will be credited to your M&T Business Checking account by 12/31/2021. Only one Bonus offer will be awarded, regardless of the number of locations for a merchant. This Bonus offer may not be combined with any other promotional merchant services offers (excluding the $9.95 Tailored Checking Promotion.) This Bonus offer is subject to credit underwriting, due diligence requirements, and approval of an M&T Bank Merchant Services account in accordance with M&T’s requirements. The Bonus and Incremental Bonus are reportable for tax purposes and may be considered taxable income.
- Only one Bonus will be awarded, regardless of the number of locations for a merchant
- This Bonus may not be combined with any other promotional merchant services offers (excluding the $9.95 Tailored Checking Promotion.)
- This Bonus offer is subject to credit underwriting, due diligence requirements, and approval of an M&T Bank Merchant Services account in accordance with M&T’s requirements.
- The Bonus is reportable for tax purposes and may be considered taxable income.
While not available nationwide, this is one of the best business banking deals. It’s easy to meet the bonus requirements. The only drawback is that you have to open the account in branch.
- Easy to meet bonus requirements
- No direct deposit required
- Not available nationwide
- Cannot apply online